2016 TEAM CANADA SENIOR B TEAM
The purpose of the National B Team is to identify, select and train a group of athletes who have potential or demonstrated international skill and experience to represent Canada at the elite level.
All athletes MUST:
- Be a Canadian citizen and have a valid Canadian passport.
- Passport should be valid up till March 1, 2017
Head Coach: Georges Laplante
Assistant Coaches : Vincenzo Mallia, James Gravelle, Louis-Pierre Mainville, Tilen Kozamernik
ATHLETE IDENTIFICATION & SELECTION:
1. Identification: Athletes will initially be identified for the Men's National Team through observation by National Team Staff throughout the club, college, university and professional seasons.
2. 2016 Selection Camp: click here for selection camp information document
May 4-9 - Selection Camp - Gatineau
May 10 to June 30 – Training Camp – Gatineau
May 19-27 - Senior Men's Pan American Cup - Mexico City, Mexico
- Athletes will be supported financially through Sport Canada carding for a minimum of 4 months at $900/month (D or C1 card) or $1500/month (SR card).
- Tuition support for the 2016-2017 academic year;
- Tuition support is available for courses at Canadian Universities or Colleges that are publicly supported. Other Canadian educational institutions may be considered for Tuition support on a case-by-case basis and must be pre-approved by the AAP Manager.
- AAP will cover a carded athlete’s tuition fees up to a maximum of $5,000 per carding cycle.
- Eligible Athletes who are attending a post-secondary institution outside of Canada are not eligible for tuition support.
- All athletes selected to the B team will be required to pay a $2,500 program fee/fundraising obligation. The money that is raised from these fees will be used to offset travel, training and competition costs for the program.
For additional information please contact:
Frank Boyer : Men's National Teams Coordinator Ph: (819) 246-1112 E-mail: email@example.com
Glenn Hoag: Senior Men’s National Team Head Coach E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org