Edmonton 2018 presented by Inter Pipeline 2018 will be a festival year, which means that the Volleyball Canada Nationals event will be hosted in one city, and in one venue! The week will be broken down into two tournaments over the span of seven days. The first tournament will be held from the 16th to the 19th for the 15U and 16U categories and the second will be from the 19th to the 22nd for the 14U, 17U and 18U categories. VC is looking forward to host this exciting event in the city of Edmonton.
Registration will take place in January 2018. Registration dates are as follows for each age group:
- January 9 – 15U Boys & Girls
- January 11 – 16U Boys & Girls
- January 16 – 17U Boys & Girls
- January 17 – 18U Boys & Girls
- January 18 – 14U Boys & Girls
All team registrations for Nationals are done on the Volleyball Registration System (VRS). For assistance on registering a team, please consult the Nationals Registration Guide (Coming soon).
Accommodations & Travel
Volleyball Canada’s Stay to Play policy is in effect for the 2018 National Championships in Edmonton. This means that all participating teams are required to book hotel rooms through the event’s Accommodation Management Provider (AMP), in order to be eligible to play in the tournament.
HTG Sports Services is the official AMP for the 2018 National Championships. All bookings must occur through the HTG booking portal; opening in late January 2018 – date is TBD.
For more information on the Stay to Play policy, please review the Volleyball Canada Stay to Play Overview and our Frequently Asked Questions document.
NEW FOR 2018! - Hotel bookings will open in two waves, based on the 2 wave tournament schedule.
Tournament 1 (15U, 16U Teams): Monday, January 15th at 12:00 EST
Tournament 2 (17U, 18U, 14U Teams): Monday, January 22nd at 12:00 EST
Please note; those booking in the second wave will be at no disadvantage. The same number of rooms have been reserved for Tournament 1 and Tournament 2 participants.
Stay to Play - Exemption Requests
Volleyball Canada will consider Stay to Play exemption requests under the following categories:
- Proximity Exemption Request: A team is based within 160km of the competition venue OR the team plans to stay with family or friends that resides within 160 km of the competition.
- Special Exemption Request: For exemption requests that do not fall under the above category, please fill out this Special Exemption Request.
Exemption forms will be available in December 2017.
Accommodations Contact Information
For questions regarding the Stay to Play Policy and Exemption Requests, please contact:
- Caitlin Devlin - Volleyball Canada - email@example.com or 613-748-5681 x229.
Volleyball Canada has partnered with Absolute Travel Specialists Ltd to support the travel booking process for Nationals participants.
Why Book with Absolute?
- Absolute Travel has secured group air seats from all major gateways to Edmonton, which will ensure the best flight times and travel schedules for your team and their families.
- Your team will get group pricing where every person traveling with your team will pay the same price.
- Your team will only have to pay a deposit to hold your space, with final payment required 45 days prior to travel date, which will give your team lots of time to fundraise if required.
- Names are not required at time of deposit, just your estimated numbers.
- You can reduce your group block by up to 20% prior to final payment.
- Groups receive free seat selection.
- Teams will have the option to prepay baggage fees at time of final payment to make airport check in easier and faster.
- Payment options are available.
Did You Know?
- Air Canada groups will no longer provide group quotes unless you are an IATA registered agent, which Absolute Travel is.
- Absolute Travel has experience booking team group travel and have assisted Volleyball Canada Teams for the 2015, 2016 and 2017 Nationals.
- Bus charters from Calgary are also available.
You do not have to wait to hold your groups seats. You can hold your space with a deposit any time after September 15th. Check back soon for more details on prices and flight routes that will be available for National’s participants!
If you have any questions regarding booking your group travel and/or flights for the VC Nationals please contact:
- Elayne Pink - firstname.lastname@example.org or call toll-free 1-866-322-6538
Edmonton Expo Centre
7515 118 Ave NW
The Northlands Coliseum will host international matches.
7424 118 Ave
August 10 - Edmonton 2018 – The excitement is building!
Become a Volunteer
If you are interested in being a part of this event let us know by filling out the volunteer form. There are various areas you can volunteer such as, social media, court management, results, special events, etc.
Please visit our careers page for current volunteer opportunities that you might also be interested in. If you have any questions related to becoming a volunteer contact our team at Nationals@volleyball.ca.