2016 SENIOR WOMEN'S A NATIONAL TEAM
Head Coach: Arnd Ludwig
Assistant coaches: To be determined
Number of athletes selected
Approximately 24-30 athletes will be selected.
- Athletes will be supported financially through Sport Canada carding for a minimum of 4 months at $900/month (D or C1 card) or $1500/month (SR card) as well as tuition support for the 2016-2017 academic year. ($5000 maximum as per Sport Canada policy).
- There is no program fee/fundraising obligation for the Senior A Team.
- Athletes will be housed either in a Team Canada house/apartment (returning/older athletes) or in the residences of the U of M (or they may chose to find their own accommodations.
- Athletes will receive rent support from Volleyball Canada (to be detailed at the conclusion of the Selection Camp).
- The monthly residence fee at the U of M is $565/month.
- Athletes in residences may choose to cook their own meals, or enroll in a meal plan at the U of M.
Summer Program Plan:
May 1-6: Selection camp
May 7-June 30: Training camp (Winnipeg)
June 3-5: Grand Prix (Poland)
June 10-12: Grand Prix (Bourneau, Czech Republic)
June 17-19: Grand Prix Finals (if qualified)
June 30-July 11: Pan Am Cup (Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic)
14 athletes will travel to both competitions.
For additional information please contact:
Nichole Mailey: Women's National Team Coordinator
Tel: (204) 474-7331 (Fax: E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Team Canada Women s Volleyball Centre
158 Frank Kennedy Centre
University of Manitoba
Winnipeg, MB, R3T 2N2
Arnd (Lupo) Ludwig: Senior Women's National Team Head Coach
Tel: (204) 474-7336