2017 Junior Men's National Team Program
The purpose of the National Junior Team is to identify, select and train a group of athletes who have potential or demonstrated international skill and experience to represent Canada at the elite level.
All athletes MUST:
- Be a Canadian citizen and have a valid Canadian passport.
- Passport should be valid up till February 1, 201
- All athletes must be less than 21 years of age as of January 1st, 2017 (born in 1997 or later).
Head Coach: Gino Brousseau
Assistant Coaches: : Adam Simac & Francois St-Denis
Statistician: Daniel Cuzmar Grimalt
ATHLETE IDENTIFICATION & SELECTION:
1. Identification: Athletes will initially be identified for the Men's National Team through observation by National Team Staff throughout the club, college, university and professional seasons.
2. 2017 Selection Camp: click here for selection camp information document
April 16 – Deadline for application to selection camp
April 26-30 – Selection camp – Gatineau
May 1 – June 19 – Training Camp – Gatineau
May 14 -22 – NORCECA U21 Pam Am Cup - Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada
June 20-23 – Pre-Tour U21 World Championship (if qualified)
June 23 – July 2 – FIVB U21 World Championship – Czech Republic (if qualified)
- Athletes will be supported financially through Sport Canada carding for a minimum of 4 months at $900/month (D card)
- Tuition support for the 2017-2018 academic year;
- Tuition support is available for courses at Canadian Universities or Colleges that are publicly supported. Other Canadian educational institutions may be considered for Tuition support on a case-by-case basis and must be pre-approved by the AAP Manager.
- AAP will cover a carded athlete’s tuition fees up to a maximum of $5,000 per carding cycle.
- Eligible Athletes who are attending a post-secondary institution outside of Canada are not eligible for tuition support.
- All athletes selected to the junior team will be required to pay a $2500 program fee/fundraising obligation. The money that is raised from these fees will be used to offset travel, training and competition costs for the program.
For additional information please contact:
Frank Boyer : Manager, Men's National Team
Ph: (819) 246-1112 E-mail: email@example.com