2017 TEAM CANADA SENIOR B TEAM
The purpose of the National B Team is to identify, select and train a group of athletes who have potential or demonstrated international skill and experience to represent Canada at the elite level.
All athletes MUST:
- Be a Canadian citizen and have a valid Canadian passport.
- Passport should be valid up till February 1st, 2018
Head Coach: TBC
Assistant Coaches : TBC
ATHLETE IDENTIFICATION & SELECTION:
1. Identification: Athletes will initially be identified for the Men's National Team through observation by National Team Staff throughout the club, college, university and professional seasons.
2. 2017 Selection Camp: click here for selection camp information document
April 30 – Deadline for application to selection camp
May 10-14 – Selection camp – Gatineau
May 15 – July 23 – Training Camp – Gatineau
July 24-30 – Senior Men’s Pan American Cup – Gatineau
- Athletes will be supported financially through Sport Canada carding for a minimum of 4 months at $900/month (D or C1 card) or $1500/month (SR card).
- Tuition support for the 2017-2018 academic year;
- Tuition support is available for courses at Canadian Universities or Colleges that are publicly supported. Other Canadian educational institutions may be considered for Tuition support on a case-by-case basis and must be pre-approved by the AAP Manager.
- AAP will cover a carded athlete’s tuition fees up to a maximum of $5,000 per carding cycle.
- Eligible Athletes who are attending a post-secondary institution outside of Canada are not eligible for tuition support.
- All athletes selected to the B team will be required to pay a $2,000 program fee/fundraising obligation. The money that is raised from these fees will be used to offset travel, training and competition costs for the program.
For additional information please contact:
Frank Boyer: Manager, Men's National Team Ph: (819) 246-1112 E-mail: email@example.com