2013 TEAM CANADA SENIOR B TEAM
The purpose of the National B Team is to identify, select and train a group of athletes who have potential or demonstrated international skill and experience to represent Canada at the elite level, more specifically at the 2013 Pan Am Cup and at the FISU Games, to be held in Kazan, Russia, from July 6 to 17.
The next FISU Games will be held in Russia in 2013. For information on the 2013 FISU Games, click here:www.kazan2013.ru/en
All athletes MUST:
1) Be a student who is registered for and pursuing a full program of study leading towards a degree or diploma at a post‐secondary institution.
a.status must be authorized by a document from the registrar of the institution.
b. Post-‐secondary institutions include community colleges,
professional schools, technical schools, C.E.G.E.P., and universities, in Canada or outside of Canada.
c. or be a former student who has graduated from a post secondary institution as a student in good standing, in the year preceding the event.Have graduated from a post-secondary
institution in the past 12 months.
2) Be a Canadian citizen and have a valid Canadian passport.
3) Be at least 17 and less than 28 years of age as of January 1st in
the year of the event.
*Graduation must be authorized by a document from the registrar of the institution.
Head Coach: Larry McKay
Assistant Coaches : Steve Leknois & Tilen Kozamernik
ATHLETE IDENTIFICATION & SELECTION:
1. Identification: Athletes will initially be identified for the Men's National Team through observation by National Team Staff throughout the club, college, university and professional seasons.
2. 2013 Selection Camp: http://www.volleyball.ca/content/teams-administration
PROGRAM GOALS & OBJECTIVES:
To identify, select and train athletes who possess the ability or potential skills necessary to support Canada’s performance at the international level.
April 21 – Deadline for application
May 9-13 – Open Selection camp
May 14‐June 30– Training Camp
July 1-17 – FISU Games (Kazan, RUS)
- All athletes selected to the B team will be nominated for Sport Canada carding for a minimum of 4 months at $900/month. Athletes will also receive tuition support.
- All athletes selected to the B team will be required to pay a $1,500 program fee/fundraising obligation. The money that is raised from these fees will be used to offset travel, training and competition costs for the program. If selected to the B Team, athletes will stay in residence in the Gatineau region.
For additional information please contact:
Sophie Gadoury: Men's Developmental National Team Coordinator
Ph: (819) 246-1112
Glenn Hoag: Senior Men’s National Team Head Coach