Volleyball Canada Membership
A New Vision
Volleyball Canada is committed to working towards collaboration with members and partners to create a unified “Volleyball in Canada” family. The strategic goal is to build a system where every person involved with volleyball in Canada is connected to the sport’s governing body. With all participants in the sport having a membership connection, the sport as a whole will be in a stronger position to deliver on all four pillars of the Canadian Sport Policy.
More specifically, an integrated and seamless membership that engages volleyball people all over the country will contribute to the achievement of excellence at the highest levels of the sport, will broaden participation in the sport, will enhance the capacity of teams, leagues, and clubs and provincial/territorial associations across the country, and will increase interaction among all components of the system.
The objectives of this aligned membership are to:
- Harmonize categories of membership across Canada and link them to stages of long term athlete development (LTAD).
- Improve communication and interaction among Volleyball Canada and all its PTA partners.
- Improve alignment of athlete and coach development systems within Volleyball through affiliation with scholastic, post-secondary, adult recreation and masters volleyball segments in addition to the youth competitive segment.
- Assist all segments of the volleyball in Canada family in their marketing and promotional efforts by communicating and elevating the Volleyball Canada brand.
Youth Competitive Player
- Adult Player
- Post-Secondary Player
- Leaders - Club/Team Personnel, Referees
- Youth Development Player - Atomic/Mini
- Recreational Player
- Leader - Volunteer
- Elementary and High School Player
- Volleyball Source Magazine
- Member discounts
- Affiliation with VC brand
- Insurance coverage at VC sanctioned events
- Access to VCDM
- National registration system
- And more...
Download the full PDF here.