TEAM CANADA WOMEN’S VOLLEYBALL – 2016 SENIOR A TEAM OPEN SELECTION CAMP:
MAY 1-6, 2016 – WINNIPEG, MB
Identify, select and train a group of athletes who have potential or demonstrated international skill and experience to represent Canada at the elite level. Approximately 24-30 athletes will be chosen from this camp to comprise the 2016 Senior A team. This group will train in Winnipeg from May 7-June 30. Athletes who are not selected for the Pan Am Cup will depart Winnipeg around June 30.
**Please note, Volleyball Canada will NOT be selecting athletes for a Senior B team, this will be an extended A team.**
The 2016 A team selection camp is OPEN to all eligible athletes. See below for athlete eligibility.
The camp is OPEN to anyone, however Volleyball Canada cannot accommodate more than 45 athletes and reserves the right to decline an application if the number of registered athletes is greater than 45.
- All athletes MUST be a Canadian citizen and have a valid Canadian passport.
- Passports must not expire on or before December 31st, 2016.
General Camp schedule (detailed schedule to be determined)
May 1 – Arrival of athletes in Winnipeg (athletes are responsible to make their own fight arrangements). Preference of flight arrival time: between 12-6pm (dinner is scheduled from 6-7:30pm)
May 2-5 – Selection camp
May 6 – Unsuccessful athletes return home. If you are selected, you can arrange for a credit through the airline and use to fly back home after the A team is completed. Breakfast will be the only meal on this day (7-9am). Please book your flights in the morning/early afternoon.
- Registration deadline: Monday, April 11th, 2016.
- Register here!
- Registration fee: $753.99 (includes all taxes & fees) includes:
- Accommodations & meals at the Holiday Inn & the University of Manitoba.
- Pick-Up and drop-off service to and from the airport.
- Deadline to submit flight arrival and departure information: Monday, April 18 2016.
- Please note: Accommodations for Sunday, May 1 will be at the Holiday Inn Winnipeg South and then on Monday, May 2 the participants will be moved to the University of Manitoba for the duration of camp.
These fees will have to be paid prior to your arrival by registering for the Open Selection Camp through our Volleyball Registration System (VRS)
Athletes will be notified if they are accepted or not by Tuesday, April 12th, 2016.
Participants are required to fill out the following forms available on-line here :
- Athlete Information Questionnaire
- Release of confidential information and participant consent
- Medical release (to be filled out by a medical doctor)
- Women's Medical Questionnaire
- Healthy Athlete Policy
- Scan of passport in color –
a) Passports must not expire on or before December 31, 2016.
b) If you do not currently have a passport please begin this process now, as there will not be time to obtain one before traveling, or to obtain travel visas (if required).
Athletes are expected to come to camp physically prepared for both testing and on-court training.
Camp Tests: Click here to view the tests that will be conducted at camp.
**A reminder that all athletes must see a physician prior to coming to camp. Every athlete (i.e returning and non-returning) must get blood work done to get their CBC, Ferritin and Vitamin D levels checked (make sure you mention this during your appointment). These results can be faxed to Ryan Ratushniak at: 204-474-7672 or scanned & emailed.
*All forms are to be scanned in PDF or JPEG format (except the athlete information questionnaire) and submitted to Ryan Ratushniak (firstname.lastname@example.org) in one email with your name in the subject line by Monday, April 18. Note that faxes will not be accepted (except for blood work).
Accommodations and meals (Provided by Volleyball Canada)
Athletes must arrange their own transportation to and from Winnipeg and inform Ryan Ratushniak of their itinerary. Ground transportation will be provided to athletes upon arrival. Meals will be provided to athletes from dinner on May 1 to breakfast on May 6th, 2016.
Please click here for information on the Senior A team program.
For any questions, please contact Ryan Ratushniak (email@example.com)