TEAM CANADA WOMEN’S VOLLEYBALL – 2015 B TEAM OPEN SELECTION CAMP
May 21-24, 2015 – Winnipeg, MB
Identify, select and train a group of athletes who have potential or demonstrated international skill and experience to represent Canada at the elite level.
Please note that Volleyball Canada's Senior B team will not participate in the 2015 FISU Games
The 2015 B team selection camp is OPEN to all eligible athletes. See below for athlete eligibility.
The camp is OPEN to anyone, however Volleyball Canada cannot accommodate more than 45 athletes and reserves the right to decline an application if the number of registered athletes is greater than 45.
All athletes MUST be a Canadian citizen and have a valid Canadian passport (passports should be valid until March 1st, 2016).
General Camp schedule (detailed schedule to be determined)
May 21 – Arrival of athletes in Winnipeg (athletes are responsible to make their own fight arrangements)
May 22-24 – Selection camp
May 24 – Unsuccessful athletes return home (please make your departure flights for after 12pm if possible)
➢ Registration deadline: Monday, April 27th, 2015
➢ Registration fee: $600.00 + applicable taxes ($700.00 for late registrations) includes:
• Accommodations & meals at the University of Manitoba
• Pick-Up and drop-off service to and from the airport
➢ Deadline to submit flight arrival and departure information: Friday, May 1, 2015
These fees will have to be paid prior to your arrival by registering for the Open Selection Camp through our On-line registration system:
Athletes will be notified if they are accepted or not before April 3
Participants are required to fill out the following forms available on-line:
- Athlete Information Questionnaire
- Release of confidential information and participant consent
- Medical release (to be filled out by a medical doctor)
- Women's Medical Questionnaire
- Healthy Athlete Policy
- Scan of passport in color –
- Passport should be valid up till March 1st, 2016
- If you do not currently have a passport please begin this process now, as there will not be time to obtain one before traveling, or to obtain travel visas (if required)
Athletes are expected to come to camp physically prepared for both testing and on-court training. Any athlete who wishes to arrive into Winnipeg early to train may do so at his or her own expense, as gym time will be made available. Contact Nichole Mailey if you wish to book gym time. Click here if you would like to see the tests conducted at camp.
A reminder that all athletes must see a physician prior to coming to camp. Every athlete (i.e returning and non-returning) must get blood work done to get their CBC and Ferritin levels checked (make sure you mention this during your appointment).
*All forms are to be scanned in PDF or JPEG format (except the athlete information questionnaire) and submitted to Nichole Mailey (email@example.com) in one email with your name in the subject line before Midnight on Friday, May 8 Note that faxes will not be accepted
Accommodations and meals (Provided by Volleyball Canada)
Athletes must arrange their own transportation to and from Winnipeg and inform Nichole Mailey of their itinerary. Ground transportation will be provided to athletes upon arrival. Athletes should try and book their flight to arrive in Winnipeg between 12pm-7pm on May 18 if possible.
Athletes will be met at the airport by a Team Canada Volleyball representative, who will be wearing Team Canada clothing.
Meals will be provided to athletes from dinner on May 21 to lunch on May 24, 2015
For any questions, please contact Nichole Mailey (firstname.lastname@example.org)
2015 B TEAM PROGRAM PLAN
Number of athletes selected
Between 4 and 8 athletes will be selected. The exact number will be determined once VC receives final funding confirmations
Note that the B team will be made up of athletes selected from the Open selection camp as well as 4-8 athletes from the A team not traveling to the Pan Am Cup
- Athletes will be supported financially through Sport Canada carding for a minimum of 4 months at $900/month (D or C1 card) or $1500/month (SR card) as well as tuition support for the 2015-2016 academic year.
- All athletes selected to the B team will be required to pay a $3,000 program fee/fundraising obligation. The money that is raised from these fees will be used to offset the cost of the program
May 21-24 – Selection camp
May 24 – June 24 – Training camp (Winnipeg)