2013 Open Selection CampCamp Objective: To select athletes for the Senior A women’s team
Camp Format: The 2013 Open Selection Camp is OPEN to all eligible athletes. To be eligible, athletes must:
- Be Canadian citizens and have a valid Canadian passport
- The camp is OPEN to anyone, however Volleyball Canada cannot accommodate more than 54 athletes and reserves the right to decline an application if the number of registered athletes is greater than 54.
April.28th: Arrival of athletes into Winnipeg (athletes will be responsible for making their own flight arrangements)
April.29-May2: Open Selection Camp
May. 3: Individual meetings with each athlete and the departure of unsuccessful athletes
- Registration deadline: Monday, April 8, 2013 **Applications via Email only.
- Deadline for Flight / Arrival Information: Monday, April. 15, 2013
- Registration fee: $450 to be paid on April.28th upon arrival.
- Registration fee includes: Accommodations and meals at the University of Manitoba, as well as pick-up and drop-off service to and from the airport.
- Please scan your valid passport in color (unless Nichole Mailey already has it).
- Application Form
- For anyone who is eligible for the FISU Games (i.e if you are currently in university, graduated in 2012 or are registered for the 2013-2014 season), please bring a black pair of dress pants to Winnipeg. If you are selected to the FISU Games, you will need them.
All registered participants will be mailed a binder with important information about the program, staff bios and multiple forms. The binder will be sent to the address submitted on the athlete's application form. Athletes are to bring the binder with all of the forms completed to Winnipeg on April 28th and submit the forms to Nichole Mailey upon arrival. Any questions about anything in the binder should also be directed to Nichole Mailey.
Athletes are expected to come to camp physically prepared for both testing and on-court training. Any athlete who wishes to arrive into Winnipeg early to train may do so at his or her own expense, as gym time will be made available. Contact Nichole Mailey if you wish to book gym time.
Also, all athletes must see a physician prior to coming to camp. Every athlete (i.e returning and non-returning) must get blood work done to get their CBC and Ferritin levels checked.
Camp Tests: Click here to view the tests that will be conducted at camp.
For additional information please contact:
Nichole Mailey : Women's National Team Coordinator
Ph: (204) 474-7331
Arnd (Lupo) Ludwig: Senior Women’s National Team Head Coach
Tel: (204) 474-7336